Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Close up

Stockholm, Sweden - Oct. 8, 2008
Photo: A. Sattari

Wow, the world is becoming too modernized!
I can reach my friend in the other continent just in a couple of hours.
I can call my friends in all parts of the world too easily.
I can chat with my beloveds; just a click away!
I can do everything!
I can take a macro photo from your eyes, put it on my phone's screen as wallpaper; It'd be nice to see you whenever I miss you.
Everything is possible.
I do not even need to run most of my errands....
/
I must earn more and more...
I have to pay my phone's monthly subscription.
I have to change my laptop every second year.
I have to pay for my internet connection.
I have to buy a good car for easy transportation! With paying emission taxes, I don't have to worry about it's environmental effects!
I should work too much!
I have to earn too much!
/
When I reach home from work, I'm too tired.
I don't have time to see my family, my friends.
I can not play with my kids.
Why have I get married?
OK, I'll call mom and Ziii... It's equal to visit.
I'll e-mail Biii.
Why not texting Diii?
/
I feel too lonely.
No real life friends are left; They've gone too far!
I feel far away from my family.
I'm just providing kids with money; No emotion or fun is shared!
/
I feel I've become too greedy!
I want a simple life.
I like to play.
I like to climb.
I want to jump.
I need to rest.
I like to feel the good smell of flowers.
I like touch soil, rain, and snow.
I want to sense the hot of the summer and the cold of the winter.
I'm hungry for happiness.
Where are my friends?
Where am I?
How can I find my family?
/
Technology have made us too far from each other!
Telecommunication systems have drifted us too far.
Machines have made us lazy.
And science have made us Cynical, emotionless, and radical!
/
Set me free.
I need to get free from all of these chains.
I want to become as free as a bird;
with no machines, no technology, and no industries!

Date: Feb. 24, 2009
Composed in: Nacka

No comments:

Post a Comment